Thursday, March 25, 2010

What's next...?

I've been away for too long.

Last March 15th marked the 3rd anniversary of my service and (un)noticeable contributions to the bank.

Today marks my first day as an unemployed person with lots of commitment to be met.

Yesterday, I walked out of the office celebrated and praised by the Operation Department colleagues (mine was Retail) as one of the good employees they have ever had and worked with. Showered with a farewell dinner party and presents soon after, I didn't manage to contain the mixture of my emotions. But who cares anyway?

My most gratitude went to the person whom I worked very closely to the extent that the relationship went far beyond. We did lots of thing together, going to every corner, back-scrubbing, shouting and neck-stiffing, arguing, and ass-covering each other. I was her most trusted person, the most resourceful and dependable person at any time requested. They can throw anything to me, no matter how petty or complex, they had no worries because they knew the job will be done accordingly and timely. At one time I was even speculated as the next person to replace her seat.

Despite all that, ironically, it brought us to the end of the good relationship. How sad.

Towards the end, I was seen as the left hand who can no longer contribute to the bank's wealth and profit. The things that I did - they no longer have values. My advices which used to be sought after, were of no use any longer. I was wronged, no matter how right I was. There were 3 incidents in which I was held responsible and also be made to compensate monetarily for mistakes done by others, simply because I was the front liner.

Once by the Regional Manager, I was publicly humiliated in front of the other regional peers during one of those regional meetings held prior to my one month notice of resignation. While there were lots of them having the same problem of declining figures, I was the only person being pointed out, questioned and dared to empty my seat for "other people who are more qualified and capable to do this job than you".

Ironically, my last month working was occupied with tonnes of work (which my 3 new colleagues were supposed to work on). I was poured with important tasks and more responsibilities; my immediate boss who had been ignoring me for couple of weeks kept on calling and asking me for assistance and expertise; my views and opinions were installed and again ruled the office.

Yet, on my last day I was denied the much expected credit for all the hard works done and accomplished. Not a simple message saying that she is glad to have me working with her for these years (bear in mind, I was the longest-serving sales personnel for that branch). Not even a simple thank you...

And they cut my final pay to only half (and what does that reflects on their attitude towards the staff, let alone high-achievers?)!

So now I am officially back in the job-seeking market.
Sigh....


No comments: