Sunday, July 09, 2006

It's fiction! Who cares anyway...?

Jackson Square Jazz is a gay-theme fiction that I read recently, written by Greg Herren. It's a tale about one slut Scotty, a former go-go boy in New Orleans who cracked a long unsolved crime through a scintilla of clairvoyance and some dog-eared tarot cards.

Reading the book, I am quite moved and inspired by Scotty's FBI boyfriend, Frank, who was living in DC and still believed in monogamous relationship between two men. Frank, after Scotty's one-week visit to his place in DC, was trying so hard to get in touch with him through never-picked-up phone calls and unreplied e-mails.


Moved, when I read his e-mail to Scotty, I did not give myself a second thought to republish it here in my previous post (Friday, June 30, 2006).....!

"My sweet love:

I'm starting to get a little concerned. I've called a couple of times and only get your voicemail, and this is the third letter I've sent since you left the other day, and you have yet to answer any of them. What's going on?

I realize I may be overreacting - I don't have a lot of experience with this relationship business - but I had such a great time with you here last week. It broke my heart to take you to the airport Friday - I wanted you to stay badly. I love you, Baby, and having you here with me only convinced me how right we are for each other.

That's why I am so nervous about not hearing from you...did I do or say something wrong? Did I piss you off in some way? Please know that if I did, it was certainly not my intent, and please accept my apology. I love you so very much - I can't imagine life without you now, Baby. Please let me know everything is okay.

Please.

With all my love,
Your Baby"

This e-mail wrote by Frank to Scotty can be found in Chapter 10, page 105-106 of the book.

Now, perhaps next time a simple question like,

"Hey, I happened to know something about you and now I'm confused and I demand an explanation. Do you want to tell me about it?"
might help instead of SMS:
"I hate you! I was so stupid to let go the one who loves me damn much to be with you, you fucking liar!"
That, out of a sudden and blurry.


Phew! Lega sudah....










Manager MISC, ok tak?


No comments: