Friday, June 19, 2009

Nina and the Spice Girls....

Drowned in absolute boredom, as I was lazily browsing through the net I came across the official website of the most successful female band in the history of human kind, Spice Girls. Looking at their photos, reading their final goodbye note, suddenly I felt at loss, longing for the glory and glamorous days of the most celebrated, headlines-making, famous five of the music industry.

I remember when I was in college circa 1997-1998, it was during this time that the Spice Girls is a huge world pop-star phenomenon. Together with my college close friend Nina we went so crazy about the British all girls group - we went everywhere talking about the girls, debating who is the cutest, sexiest, trendiest, and so the list kept on going. Nina brought me back to his parent's house in PJ where we watched more and more video of the girls, by which raising questions from his parents on whether or not we were actually making full use of the internet for our study/research.

When Geri left the band I was among those who kept our fingers crossed that she would sooner regret it and find her way home to the arms of the rest of the girls...(gosh, how pathetic does it sounds?). During this time, Nina was already in Australia to further his study in accounting while I was (forced to) attending a computing course at a private university in Bangi. We lost contact since.

Anyway, that was way back then. The girls finally bid goodbye last year leaving all the sweet and fun memories to a tiny little fan like me, who is still longing for their crazy acts and fun music. It was not just the music that they left behind, it was more to a wonderful life experience that we the fans shared with each other. Where else in the world can we get to see damn straight boys singing to Wannabe and dancing to its steps perfectly?

And where else can I get a Nina as a good friend? We didn't just share the Spice Girls, we shared a perfect bond of friendship (or shall I put it as brotherhood).

To Nina, I wish you all the good things in life the world could offer. I hope one day our paths will cross and the old friendship reborn anew. Damn missing you much, dude!

2 comments:

:: cheezzy cheese :: said...

yeah babeh! gooooo spice gurl.

damn. i miss them so bad..

Azhariz Azra said...

oh yeah? welcome to the club babe!