Thursday, June 18, 2009

On good deeds...

I found this invaluable quote while doing some research to my speedy recovery:-

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

- Francis Maitland Balfour British Biologist (1851-1882)

Just when was the last time I gave due respect to myself and did charity to others?
After much deep thinking, I could not find any. Or perhaps once or twice, in which I made the very right decision for my own sake when people around me thought that I was the selfish bastard. I was just saving myself from committing severe damages, therefore giving myself a proper respect. And by doing it, subsequently though invisibly I did a charity to another party.

And by the way, how many of them would really appreciate the good deeds I did for them? (Not that I'm being insincere, but ralat)
On that note, I choose not to give a damn at all; I volunteer myself to be the selfish bastard. No matter what the people say.
Ada aku kesah?


No comments: