Monday, October 19, 2009

Time to simplify life....


I recently subscribed to Oprah.com and have been religiously submitted myself to its contents.

Oprah is one hell of a lady, there is no doubt! No matter how much I wanted to disagree with her, I had to surrender myself because at the end of the day I knew it all has been laid right on my nose. It is just a matter of whether or not I can or want to see and face the music. It is just the everyday thing.

So, if such is the reality, why do I have to subscribe to her ideas & writings then?

Well, sometimes we need people to tell us that we are not always right. We need real people, real friends to stop us from making more mistakes. I need people to stand up against me and fight for the right & real facts, not for the sake of fighting. And I think, sometimes it is just a way of confirming; that I want people to knock on my head so that I know that they know that I exist.

In her recent email, she popped up a few questions: is it possible to live with less? What truly matters?
Think about those struggling to make ends meet who may need what we don't.

Oh, why is it so difficult? When did we start to become so materialistic, that we suddenly forgotten to live a simple life? Who are we, where did we come from?

Call it the enlightenment, I don't buy it. What I want to know is, how did we get to this? Why can't I simplify my thoughts, feelings, life and stuff? Why can't I be a simple person on the inside as I always appear on the outside? Why am I a complicated one? Pening lalat already lah....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.