Friday, March 10, 2006

It's Friday!

And how I've longed it was!

It's pretty normal, I believe, for a normal white-collar to expect the Fridays would come at his doorstep at the very moment Monday mornings show up. When it comes finally, you would suddenly become so overjoyed, and work wise, either more productive, or less.

In my case, I would choose the latter!

Knowing tonight is the night to chill out, at least stay indoor doing nothing, not worrying about what to wear tomorrow to work and what lies ahead at work the next day, my mind would be far away from where I landed my own self (that is, in the office). Jobs are less focused and I tend to be so lazy to even move myself from my seat (except for the nature or predator's - i.e., my boss- calls). So much to-do-things in my mind that I have planned for my weekend, ranging from even breakfast to a late supper with friends or potentials, to the frequent visits to the dance class (well, I have managed to cut the number of visits from every week to once a month, mind you) and up to which bookstore I would popped by to check on which books I’m interested to get them listed in my must-read list.

Out of the office at very right this moment, my plan for this weekend would be different from what it used to be normally. House searching is on the top list as my tenancy for my current apartment will end this month end. While it is a tiring activity physically and mentally, I have already found it to be quite interesting as lots of apartment unit have been viewed so far and so many ideas of what a good, beautiful house should be have crossed my mind. Different layouts as they are, I practically have brushed up the creativity in me (not so much creative though) for my next dwelling.

Next, Millions is my must-see activity for this weekend. Being shown only at the International Screen at GSC, and being a weirdo myself in terms of my choice of movies, I would not pass the chance to watch it although I have to do it all by myself! It is a story about two brothers mysteriously acquire a bag full of sterling on the eve of Britain's conversion to the euro and how they spend the money. The review I read in the newspaper few days ago said that it won (if I am not mistaken) the best screenplay award for British Independent Film Award back in…..I do not know (and care) when. A comedy of genre, midnight show would be a perfect choice perhaps. A few names have been shortlisted to lend me a company, that is, if they are interested (at the very least, it shows that I still have them in my mind despite the hectic life I am in).

Provided that I have found the right, perfect new place to stay, Borders or Kino would be my next place to visit, on Sunday most probably. Without fail, these places amazed me much that I wish I could have those book racks (with the books, of course) in my own place. I did imagined me on a leather Chaise Longue by Le Corbusier in my own living room with a ceiling height book rack on one side of the wall, with a book in one hand and Michael Bolton's How Am I Supposed To Live Without You in the background (how pathetic!). Sigh…if only I have the luxury of time to read ( and I still have yet to finish my Never Let Me Go-Kazuo Ishiguro and Maharani-Lucy Moore)! To fulfill the urge, flipping over various genres of magazines would alleviate the hunger to read in me. Better than nothing, no?

Uhghhgghh….my boss rang me just now; there will be a meeting at 3 today (expect the worst, dear). Guess it’s time to lay off my mind for the weekend plan for a moment. I will just resume once the hard day at office ends.

Till then, enjoy the weekend!


No comments: