Monday, April 05, 2010

Weekend Project 1: Ikea hack...


That picture-less frame painted in faded gold was bought from Ikea few years back. I repainted it to get antique-rustic effect. The plastic board that was supposed to cover its content behind was damaged during transit to my now not-so-new apartment more than a year ago. Since then I went blank, not knowing what to do with it except as a picture-less frame cum art form display.

In my living room I have yet to find the right ceiling light. As I try to be creative, after much magazines flipping, thinking and brainstorming, I finally decided to make my own ceiling light cum chandelier out of this (or perhaps these) cheap picture frame(s). To finish it off, I just need some off-season Christmas ornaments (they are cheap), flea-market find ladies accessories, LED bulbs, some screws, wires, and some skills.

Maybe after that I can sell it. Maybe. Until then, this is going to be my first weekend project. Oh, I'm so excited!

No comments: